Yesterday, the Government introduced new guidance on whole household isolation in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, because of this we are now seeing families having to refrain from coming to school.
We want to support families as best we can but we do need your help in doing this.
- Message from our Early Years Team - Please could you ensure that you check tapestry regularly to keep updated with home challenges for your children in the event of self - isolation. If you are not signed up to tapestry please speak to a member of staff or contact the school.
- Message from our ICT Co-ordinator Mrs Jones. Recently log in details for our new online learning resource Purple Mash were handed out to your children. Purple Mash can be accessed by all children from nursery up to year 2. Children have already seen in school how cool the programme is along with it being a fantastic learning resource. Please tell your child's teacher if you have misplaced your password.
- Bug Club - We held our Bug Club parents meetings last week to demonstrate how useful this was in accessing reading material at home. Books on Bug Club are the same as the ones we use in school and children can pick from numerous on their current reading level for free. Again, if you are not already accessing this and need your password again, please let your child's teacher know. Bug Club is used in reception to year 2.
- Timestable Rockstars - this is an excellent learning resource to help with maths skills. Children in years 1 & 2 have already been given passwords and access to this at the start of the year. If you need log in details again, please let us know.
- Numerous free online resources listed in the attachment at the bottom of this page https://www.gliacademy.org.uk/parent-links
- As detailed on the recent letter from Delta we shall also prepare home learning packs to take home should school be advised to close.
- Finally, if you need a school packed lunch for your child who is having to isolate at home. We will endeavour to support you with this the best we can. If you want to arrange to collect a packed lunch from the academy this must be ordered from the office via telephone or email email@example.com by 9am of the morning you require it. If you want to order it the evening before, that's fine also. The lunch can then be collected via reception at 12.15pm, please do not arrive earlier before your child's meal is ready. Please either send a friend who can drop it at your home or if you must collect yourself, refrain from socialising with other people as per public health advice. This is important.