Leading Parent Partnership
Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA)
Grange Lane Infant Academy has been committed to the Leading Parent Partnership Award since 2016. The purpose of this nationally recognised award is to help focus the school's work with parents and families. In February, we will work towards recertification.
During this process we hope to build on the many strenths our school already has with parents. We want to provide opportunities for parents to have a voice in everyday school life. At Grange Lane Infant Academy we want to do everything we possibly can to help parents and families support their children.
What is the Award?
The LPPA consists of eight evidence-based objectives which schools must meet to get the award.
Objective 1: The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards achieving the LPPA.
Objective 2: The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the LPPA.
Objective 3: The school is a welcoming, communicative and friendly place for parents.
Objective 4: The school promotes the awareness and participation of all groups of parents in supporting their children's learning and developing their own learning. In addition, the school holds and actively promotes a programme of opportunities and events for joint parent and child participation.
Objective 5: The school provides a good induction for all new parents.
Objective 6: The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them to support their children's learning.
Objective 7: The school produces and implements parent-friendly policies to establish effective home-school links and to improve children's attendance, punctuality, progress and positive participation in school.
Objective 8: The school provides good support for all parents as their children move through or leave the school.
Objective 9: The school summaries its achievements againts the LPPA objectives and outlines its future plans.
What difference will the award make to the work done with families at Grange Lane Infant Academy?
- It will make our work with families even better.
- It will improve our communication and build more activities for families in school.
- As you know, we are always trying to improve and completing this award will help us do that.
How can families help us improve parental engagement and gain the award?
- Read all the information that we send out.
- Come along to events we organise if you are able.
- Come and speak with us directly if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions - information shared via unofficial school social media sites e.g. facebook, do not always contain accurate information, are not supervised or accessed by Grange Lane staff, and therefore do little to help us to improve provision.
- Complete any questionnaires we send out as honestly as you can.
- Consider giving up a small amount of your time to join the Parent Teachers Friends Association (PTFA) group.
5th December 2019
Our nursery is thoroughly enjoying the festive season, with lots of different role play resources and craft activities including making this …
4th December 2019
Our Young Voices Choir made a special visit to sing to the residents of Benton House Care Home. They got to showcase some of the songs that …
29th November 2019
Malcom Carratt, author of the Granny Norbag books came to visit the academy today. Through imaginative and creative techniques he helped the …
Dec 5 - 7:40pm
Our nursery is thoroughly enjoying the festive season, with lots of different role play resources and craft activit… https://t.co/BDZYaHnpe5
Nov 13 - 7:29pm
We were delighted to welcome the Book People Bus to our academy. When the children climbed the steps and entered th… https://t.co/iCndnW5ZbQ
Sep 29 - 9:46am
We were overwhelmed with the support we received during ourMacmillan afternoon. We hosted the event in our main sc… https://t.co/W0b8ZpXCQY